Welcome to the Cook group website. We are a synthetic organic chemistry group based at Montana State University in beautiful Bozeman, MT. Our research interests lie in synthetic methodology, asymmetric synthesis, mechanistic elucidation, organometallic chemistry and total synthesis.
Follow the group on Instagram: cook_lab.msu
Recent Group News
- PUBLICATION – Our Pd-auto tandem catalysis work is accepted in Organic Letters (DOI: 10.1021/acs.orglett.0c04078)
- $$$ – We have received a substantial supercomputer allocation through NSF XSEDE (CHE-200121) to computationally investigate our auto-tandem catalysis reactions (12/15/20).
- $$$ – The NIH have funded a collaborative medicinal chemistry proposal with Prof. Mark Quinn (MSU) to investigate and develop novel Alzheimer’s treatments.
- Aoife gives her 4th year talk. Great job! (9/4/20).
- Aoife’s collaborative paper with Prof. Rob Walker is accepted in J. Phys. Chem. B.
- $$$ – Matt, Mike Mock and Valerie Copie have an NSF proposal funded for a new 400 MHz NMR and lots of accessories including triple resonance probes and InsightMR flow system (8/1/20).
- Veronika joins the lab full time as she takes a year out before starting grad school (1/17/20).
- Ksenia and Oliver officially join the group as graduate students (1/1/20).
- Rory and Hans have been awarded INBRE-USP scholarships. (10/14/19)
- Former REU student Reagan Dreiling has been selected to present at the Council on Undergraduate Research’s 2019 REU Symposium in Washington, DC. (9/11/19)
- Veronika is awarded an INBRE-USP Scholarship. Congratulations! (10/8/18)
- $$$ – The group has been awarded a three year NSF grant (CHE-1800487) to further develop our decarboxylative allylation work – $$$ (7/6/18)