Linear Approach to Synthesis
- The synthesis of complex organic molecules, such as pharmaceuticals, require multi-step reaction sequences.
- Each step requires different reagents and purifications making them time, step and atom-inefficient processes.
Cascade Approach to Synthesis
- Nature synthesizes complex molecules through cascade reactions using enzymes as catalysts with impressive levels of selectivity.
- Inspired by nature, we are developing several cascade reactions which use a single unified set of conditions allowing us to access and utilize unstable intermediates.
- We have developed several reactions that can perform up to three-steps with a single catalyst.
- Carefully designed cascade minimize time, cost and waste, while increasing yields and selectivity.