Kate Baddeley – Bio coming soon
Juliana Alexander – Bio coming soon
Aoife Casey – G3 – Aoife grew up in Dublin, Ireland and received her undergraduate degree in Medicinal Chemistry (B.A) from Trinity College Dublin in 2013. From there she moved to Queen’s University Belfast where she received a M.Sc. in Chemical Research in 2015 under the guidance of Dr. Matt Cook. Following the lab’s relocation to Bozeman in January 2016, Aoife enrolled as a graduate student at Montana State University. Her research is focused on the development of novel cascade sigmatropic rearrangements.
Sean Zabawa – G2 – Photo and Bio coming soon
Lauren Dupuis – Bio coming soon
Emma Gann – Bio coming soon
Veronika Shchepetkina – Bio coming soon
Visiting and Rotating Students
Nick Kuehl – G1 – Nick was born and raised in Denver, Colorado. He graduated from Metropolitan State University of Denver in May of 2016 with his Chemistry B.S. and Physics B.A. Deciding he wanted to go to graduate school away from any densely populated urban sprawl, Nick chose to come to Montana State. He arrived in beautiful Bozeman in the summer of 2017 where he started graduate school. Nick is currently rotating through the Cook group where he is researching bidirectional coupling strategies using palladium and copper catalysts.
Ian Joyce G1 – Bio coming soon
Jun Chen – M.Sc. 2013 (QUB). Jun is currently a graduate student at the University of Victoria, Canada, working with Professor Jeremy Wulff.
Mark McLaughlin – Ph.D. 2014 (QUB). Following graduation, Mark conducted postdoctoral research at the Institute of Cancer research in London and the University of Oxford. In January 2018, Mark joined the faculty at Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK as a Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in the US).
Catherine McAdam – Ph.D. 2015 (QUB). Kate is currently a postdoc at Newcastle University with Professor Mike Waring.
Undergraduates (Year Graduated Group, Continued Education):
- Mark McLaughlin (2010, Ph.D. QUB [2014, Matt Cook]). Currently: Faculty member at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Niall McCreanor (2011, Ph.D. Bristol [2015, John Bower]), Currently: Senior Scientist at AstraZeneca, Cambridge, UK.
- James Flanagan (2011, Ph.D. Stanford [2016, Robert Weymouth]). Currently: Teacher at Brighton College, UK.
- Adam Johnston (2012, Ph.D. Queen Mary, London [2016, Igor Larossa]).
- Jolene Reid (2013, Ph.D. Cambridge [2017, Jonathan Goodman]). Currently: Postdoctoral researcher at University of Utah with Matt Sigman.
- Richard Surgenor (2015, Grad Student Oxford [Martin Smith]).
- Gordy Brown (2015, Grad Student NYU [Dirk Trauner]).
- Devin McGlamary (2017, Grad Student MSU [Nick Stadie]),
- Scott Spring (2017, Grad Student Cornell [Brett Fors]).
REU Students (Year, University Attended): Emma Konkler (2016, Buena Vista University, IA), Talya Vaira (2017, Carroll College, MT).