Aoife Casey – G5 – (B.A., Trinity College Dublin, Ireland) Aoife grew up in Dublin, Ireland and received her undergraduate degree in Medicinal Chemistry (B.A) from Trinity College Dublin in 2013. From there she moved to Queen’s University Belfast where she received a M.Sc. in Chemical Research in 2015 under the guidance of Dr. Matt Cook. Following the lab’s relocation to Bozeman in January 2016, Aoife enrolled as a graduate student at Montana State University. Her research is focused on the development of novel cascade sigmatropic rearrangements.
Oliver Jackson G2 – (M.Sci., Manchester Metropolitan University, UK) Photo and Bio coming soon
Ksenia Stankevich G2 – (B.S./M.S. Tomsk Polytechnic University, Russia) Photo and Bio coming soon
Veronika Shchepetkina – Photo and Bio coming soon. After 2-years of undergraduate research in the Cook lab, Veronika is taking a year out before grad school and continuing research in palladium catalysis.
Rory Benedict (Senior) – Photo and Bio coming soon. Rory is researching new palladium catalyzed auto-tandem catalytic processes.
Jamie Berry (Senior) – Photo and Bio coming soon. Jamie is research the development of novel JNK inhibitors for the treatment of inflammatory disorders.
Andre Bidegaray (Junior) – Photo and Bio coming soon. Andre is research the development of novel JNK inhibitors for the treatment of inflammatory disorders.
Baylee Miller (Junior) – Photo and Bio coming soon. Baylee is research the development of novel JNK inhibitors for the treatment of inflammatory disorders.
Visiting and Rotating Students
William Robinson – (B.S. Northern Arizona University, AZ) William is rotating through the lab this fall conducting research in the area of mechanistic palladium catalysis.
Roark O’Neill – (B.S. Delaware Valley University, PA)
Jun Chen – M.Sc. 2013 (QUB). Jun is currently a graduate student at the University of Victoria, Canada, working with Professor Jeremy Wulff.
Mark McLaughlin – Ph.D. 2014 (QUB). Following graduation, Mark conducted postdoctoral research at the Institute of Cancer research in London and the University of Oxford. In January 2018, Mark joined the faculty at Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK as a Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in the US).
Catherine McAdam – Ph.D. 2015 (QUB). Kate is currently a postdoc at Newcastle University with Professor Mike Waring.
Kate Marshall (nee Baddeley) – Ph.D. 2017 (QUB). Kate is currently a postdoc at MSU with Garrett Moraski.
Juliana Alexander – Ph.D. 2017 (QUB). Juliana is currently a postdoc with Professor Joe Topczewski at the University of Minnesota.
Undergraduates (Year Graduated Group, Continued Education):
- Mark McLaughlin (2010, Ph.D. QUB [2014, Matt Cook]). Currently: Faculty member at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Niall McCreanor (2011, Ph.D. Bristol [2015, John Bower]), Currently: Senior Scientist at AstraZeneca, Cambridge, UK.
- James Flanagan (2011, Ph.D. Stanford [2016, Robert Weymouth]). Currently: Teacher at Brighton College, UK.
- Adam Johnston (2012, Ph.D. Queen Mary, London [2016, Igor Larossa]).
- Jolene Reid (2013, Ph.D. Cambridge [2017, Jonathan Goodman]). Currently: Postdoctoral researcher at University of Utah with Matt Sigman.
- Richard Surgenor (2015, Grad Student Oxford [Martin Smith]).
- Gordy Brown (2015, Grad Student NYU [Dirk Trauner]).
- Devin McGlamary (2017, Grad Student MSU [Nick Stadie]),
- Scott Spring (2017, Grad Student Cornell [Brett Fors]).
REU Students (Year, University Attended): Emma Konkler (2016, Buena Vista University, IA), Talya Vaira (2017, Carroll College, MT), Reagan Drieling (2019, Wilmanette University, OR).